At Ortega Business Law Firm, APC, the main focus of our practice is business law and corporate law. We treat each client as an individual. Business entities are not “one size fits all” and shouldn’t be treated in that manner. Our approach to business law and corporate law mirrors our understanding of each business entity being unique, deserving individual and tailored legal counsel and advice.
With our combined technical knowledge of the law and years of business and industry experience, we tailor creative solutions to help clients succeed. Our clients include privately held companies and nonprofit entities within a range of industries. Whether clients are involved in mergers or acquisitions, operating or expanding a business or managing compliance issues, we provide expert legal advice throughout the process.
Ortega Business Law Firm, APC offers the following business and corporate legal counsel and services for your needs:
- Business Entity Formation: One of the primary reasons for retaining an attorney to form your business entity is to obtain salient legal counsel on the structure best suited for your business. The initial conversations that we have with our clients regarding business entity formation involves discussing the type of business entity that is right for their business. There are multiple choices available to clients, including corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships, limited liability partnerships, family limited partnerships and, effective January 2012, benefit corporations and flexible purpose corporations. We find the particular aspects of the client’s business operation essential in determining the best entity for it. We discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each entity and include instrumental members of the client’s team, such as accountants or tax attorneys, financial planners, etc., in that discussion in order to secure the most effective entity for the client.
- Business Sales, Mergers and Acquisitions: With extensive experience in the area of sales, mergers and acquisitions of businesses, we are able to leverage a sound sale, purchase or merger for each of our clients. Ortega Business Law Firm, APC represents both sellers and buyers, which provides us with the unique knowledge to properly negotiate and structure a transaction for our clients.
- Contracts and Contract Negotiations: Negotiation of a business transaction is the cornerstone for an effective and viable agreement, whether the agreement is to secure a distribution chain, or a reseller’s account, a ground lease, or whether it regards a prime contract or a commercial lease, we understand the negotiation of contracts. Having negotiated small to multi-million dollar transactions, we understand the importance of aggressive representation in order to secure the best results for each of our clients.
- Exit Strategies: In addition to building a sound business, you have to ensure that each business has a properly defined exit strategy so that all monetary values are accessible and payable when necessary. An exit strategy is necessary whether or not you plan ahead. Exit strategies, such as buy-sell agreements, stock restriction agreements, or extensions of your existing corporation or limited liability company, form part of our conversation with our clients and we provide the tools necessary to make them happen.
- Business Dissolution: Business dissolution, as business formation, needs to be handled carefully, as it requires a number of disclosures and processes that are necessary to avoid future liability for the dissolving business and its principals. Business dissolution will, for example, require proper disclosures regarding the company’s tax liability, debt and creditor issues, as well as the reporting to the appropriate state agencies. We treat business dissolution with the same care with which we approach all other issues regarding your business or company.
- In House Counsel Outsourcing : Whether we are in a recession or in a bountiful economy, more and more businesses are safeguarding resources and outsourcing their business needs to qualified professionals. The Ortega Business Law Firm’s In House program allows our business clients to have an attorney on their team to call upon when needs arise, without having the expense of retaining a permanent employee.
- Real Estate Transactions: Ortega Business Law Firm, APC’s background in the legal aspects of real estate transactions provides a strong insight into the purchase, sale, lease or development of commercial properties. We assist our clients with the negotiation, review and/or drafting of documentation pertinent to the transaction. We have experience in effectively negotiating with contractors, developers and landlord and lease applicants.