Ortega Business Law – Non Profit Attorney San Diego
We have extensive experience in
One of the most important and valuable services the Ortega Business Law Firm, APC provides to its clients is legal counseling on the feasibility of establishing and structuring a nonprofit entity. It is important for clients to understand the challenging legal nature of nonprofit corporations and entities. We customize our work for each organization, taking into account a client’s specific mission, vision and needs.
Our Services Include:
- Preparing or Reviewing IRS form 1023 and/or form 1024
- Preparing or Reviewing Franchise Tax Board Form 3500
- Preparing or Reviewing Bylaws for the organization
- Preparation of other Nonprofit Filings Including 501(c ) (4), 501 (c)(6), etc.
- Reinstatement of Revoked 501 (c) (3) and 501(c)(4) status
- Formation of the Nonprofit Profit Business Entity, including:
- Articles of Incorporation
- Organization/Board Policies
- Board of Directors Resolutions
- Conflicts of Interest Policies and Code of Ethics
Mergers can often be lengthy and complicated. As nonprofits are held to stringent state and federal standards, it is imperative for a nonprofit organization to obtain the expertise of a qualified professional before merging with another for-profit or nonprofit entity. We educate, inform and assist the nonprofit with the many issues involving a merger, including negotiations, drafting of the necessary documentation, agreements, board counseling and reporting requirements.
Board and Staff Training
Board and staff training can make a world of difference for a nonprofit organization. As board members are busy volunteers, it is challenging for them to obtain the knowledge and information necessary to effectively manage the organization. We simplify this challenge for you by providing you with our experience and knowledge in this area.
Corporate Compliance Review
In a climate of intense scrutiny by regulatory agencies, funders and the general public, it is critical for a nonprofit organization to closely examine its bylaws and internal policies in order to ensure their soundness, their alignment with the acts of the Board of Directors and the organization and with new state and federal laws and regulations. We work closely with our nonprofit clients and provide the necessary resources to keep their organization viable.
Reach out to work with a Top Non Profit Attorney San Diego
Call Rosana Ortega today at (858) 794-0098.